Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Challenge

I'm always up for a good challenge and I just read about one right up my alley HERE.  Rebekah, from The Coupon Bin, has challenged us to a $25/person grocery budget for the month of July and I'm definitely up for the challenge.  I just learned about it so I'm a little behind now but here is where I stand so far.  

We have 3 adults and 2 children in our household this month, since Josh's sister is living with us this summer.  This equals $125 of edible food for the whole month of July.

I had already gotten my groceries for the week before hearing about this challenge and I spent $63.14 worth of edible stuff.  OUCH!  I better be a smart shopper=)

That means I only have $61.86 for the rest of the month.  Can I do it? At least I'm willing to try.

Are you up for the challenge?  Leave a comment if you're up for the challenge and I'll add you to the links=)  I'll be keeping you posted with my track record throughout the month.
Post a Comment