Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Challenge

I'm always up for a good challenge and I just read about one right up my alley HERE.  Rebekah, from The Coupon Bin, has challenged us to a $25/person grocery budget for the month of July and I'm definitely up for the challenge.  I just learned about it so I'm a little behind now but here is where I stand so far.  

We have 3 adults and 2 children in our household this month, since Josh's sister is living with us this summer.  This equals $125 of edible food for the whole month of July.

I had already gotten my groceries for the week before hearing about this challenge and I spent $63.14 worth of edible stuff.  OUCH!  I better be a smart shopper=)

That means I only have $61.86 for the rest of the month.  Can I do it? At least I'm willing to try.

Are you up for the challenge?  Leave a comment if you're up for the challenge and I'll add you to the links=)  I'll be keeping you posted with my track record throughout the month.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. It's SO easy, and it's quick quick! You can always remove the spinach to speed up the prep even more. Still just as good! Good luck on your challenge, and I'll be following your progress!