Saturday, May 3, 2008

Memories

Josh and I are leading worship for a women's conference this weekend in Wake Forest, NC.  The pastor's wife, Kelly Parkison, used to be my sweet-mate in college.  It's been so good to see her again after so many years.  You may recognize her from the Miss America pageant a few years ago or from The Amazing Race on TV a couple seasons ago.  I know she'd probably hate I just put all this on here about her but I just think it's cool that I know someone that's been on TV=)  Anyway, the great work that God is doing through their lives at Wakefield Baptist Church is apparent.  Who would have ever thought that the Lord would bring me back together with so many friends during this ministry journey of ours.  The speaker this weekend is Ruth McWhite.  Her husband is head over Missions at NGU.  It's been nice to be back here in Wake Forest.  I think Josh and I will always feel at home here because of our wonderful seminary days.  I'll share more about the conference later!

2 comments:

Joyanna said...

Hello. My name is Joyanna. I have to tell the truth-I looked up your blog under the words "leading worship" and I had to laugh (on the inside) at the title of your blog. Afraid to fail. Aren't we all? I know that most of the time it's my pride that's afraid of failing. What is your advice to someone who has let fear keep them from stepping out and doing what God wants them to do most of thier life?
In Jesus,
JP

Parkison Family said...

hey, I had the best time worshipping with you guys! What a blessing! I loved seeing you too and after you all went Sunday to grab some herbal tea I got to play with your sweet kids in the nursery! SO CUTE! Love you guys!