Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Love Thursdays

Thursdays are my favorite days. Especially today, after having such hard day yesterday. Let me just give you a couple of examples why yesterday was such a rough day. Zeke was especially whiney, Areyna found a whistle and blew it non-stop ALL DAY, both of them kept getting into things they KNOW they aren't supposed to get into and doing things they KNOW they aren't supposed to do, Zeke kept insisting that Nemo, our beta fish, needed to be fed every 10 minutes. Josh readily agreed to let me "go cool" off so I headed to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and I read almost a whole book (I was there a few hours)=) If you know me at all you know I don't read much, especially very quickly, but strange conditions call for strange actions. Anyway, while I was gone Josh put the kids in an extra room time while he prepared for small group. After several minutes he heard Areyna calling out. She got louder and louder and here is what he walked in on; her dresser was tipped over, being held up by all the open drawers with her in the bottom one and all the clothes on the floor. WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! So glad I missed that one=) My poor kids are just getting readjusted to being at home, but my goodness. All this to say, I especially love this Thursday. There are also the regular things I love about Thursdays too...the one day of the week we don't have lessons, small group, traveling (most of the time), band practice, grocery shopping...the list goes on and on. I have been painting picture frames all day while the kids paint pictures for their friends. Ahhh, it's been a good day.

5 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yea...I am so glad you got a "down" day! I know you all needed it!

I prayed for you this morning. I also ordered that book this morning. I'll let you know when it comes in and we can start.

How'd the picture frames turn out? I put one of my shelves up in the kitchen and love it!

Josh Via said...

You're the greatest mom and wife in the world!!!

Shannon Bradley said...

I am SOOO glad to hear that the Bradley boys are not the only ones that have REALLY bad days!!!! Or should I say, Im not the only mama that has REALLY bad days :) Thanks for sharing...Hope to see yall sometime soon. We are going to make plans to come to Parkwood the next time yall are there :)

Anonymous said...

All mom's need a day off once in while. Your house sounds a lot like mine with the whinning and the tipped over furniture.....isn't parenting a trip!

Rhonda said...

Aaagh. The joys of being a parent. I can totally relate.
I hope your days start to settle down some.
Rhonda