Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What Am I Doing Right Now?

I'm glad you asked.  I am currently waiting and listening.  Why, you ask again?  Well, we upgraded beds last night.  The rotation begins.  Areyna is now in my twin bed that I grew up in and Zeke has Rainy's toddler bed.  The first night was not successful at all.  I am just wondering why the first "consequence" of the evening was for Areyna, the 3-year old, you know the one that's supposed to be the good example.  For some reason she must have thought that she had to set the tone, I guess, because she was the first one out of bed.  Hmmm.  After Zeke had 2 chances he was put back in his pack-n-play for the night.  I wasn't even about to play with my precious nap time so we are just going to stick to practicing at night time.  Oh wait, hold on a minute...
I'm back.  Zeke just had his last try and is now in the pack-n-play for the night.  He was in the dresser pulling out his outfit for tomorrow=)  At least he made it longer tonight.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Aw Tash...I'm sorry. You always tell me that it will get better whenever I call you with "sleep issues" for my kids. So, I'm telling you that it will get better! Hang in there.

p.s. Did you guys come home with a green knit blanket? If so, its ours and just hang onto it till we see ya!

sheltonfamily said...

I can't imagine that is why Ellie is STILL in her crib and will be 3 in august... anna is in the pack n play which works out well..... wouldn't it be nice to have one of those kids who is afraid to get out of their big bed... however, areyna got it so I'm sure Zeke will to as well!

the broomes said...

Hope y'all have made some progress. I can't decide what to do with rooms/beds yet- I think that I'll wait until closer to when the baby comes to decide if AB will stay in a crib. I thought that she would be one of those kids who was "afraid to get out"...but she's turning out to be much more of a spunky little person than I thought she would be!