Monday, April 7, 2008

Nation-Wide Coffee Taste Test and Splurging

I was reading MoneySavingMom today and stumbled on this:  Starbucks Coffee is holding a nation-wide taste test tomorrow April 8th.  Check out all the details HERE to get your free 8oz. test.  Our time zone will be at noon.  Perfect timing for us.  We have always splurged to get Starbucks coffee at the grocery store, but since I've been finding ways to cut down on our weekly grocery bill (I just have to add that I've gotten our grocery's for under $70 3 weeks ago, last week was only $61 and this week was only $57 - I'm finally getting the hang of this) okay, that was just a little side note...we started getting Cafe Bustelo, which I think is fine and up until yesterday I thought Josh was okay with it too.  Most of you are well aware that Starbucks is almost $10 at regular price (unless it's on sale like it is at Target this week!)  and I can get Cafe Bustelo for about $3 at regular price.  So anyway, we were going to church yesterday afternoon and Josh randomly looked at me with a very depressed look and a saddened heart and said "Did you find any sales on Starbuck's Coffee this week" with which he later added "baby, can you get some Starbucks this week?"  Poor guy, the other just isn't cutting it.  Some things you just can't cut costs on.  What things do you JUST HAVE TO HAVE and you refuse to cut costs on?

13 comments:

Rita said...

TOILET PAPER! We have a charmin-only household! While Kyle was out of work about two years ago, we were cutting corners as much as possible and toilet paper was DEFINITELY one of those corners we could cut.

We both kinda celebrated when Kyle found a new job -- not just that we had money again and could catch up on our bills, but that we could buy "real" toilet paper! :)

Also, cheese. Cheap cheese = nasty.

Josh Via said...

Starbucks coffee!

sheltonfamily said...

Diet Coke... no dr. thunder for us!

mom said...

Coffee and toilet paper are both at the top of my list (Dad's too).

Lisa said...

I am not picky about many things but my hubby is...Philly brand cream cheese, Best Foods Mayo, Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate are the ones that come to mind. He will not budge on quite a few things which makes it difficult at times but fun to find the deals.

the broomes said...

Great blog topic, Tasha:)
For us it's Lever 2000 and Pampers...I'm sure that there are others but those are the two that come to mind:)

Jennifer B said...

Ours, well mine, is sensitive toothpaste.

CVS carries Starbucks. Well around here at least. Maybe you can work some into your deals? If you get their emails you could use the $4/$20 to help pay for it.

Julie Willis said...

Whole raw milk. We have "always" drank skim milk, but we had an opp. to get fresh raw. My husband REALLY enjoys it! Then they started offering raw skim $4 a gallon compared to $6.50 a gallon for whole. We tried it for a couple of weeks and I just put in an order for whole again! This and Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips. They make SUPER cookies!

Anonymous said...

Tasha, if you haven't already stopped by this blog, you need to check it out. The lead topic is about free starbucks every wednesday until the end of may if you can get yesterday's USA today. Might be worth the effort to find it if you don't normally get that paper! If you already know about this deal then I hope you enjoy your starbucks!

http://www.itsmorethanenough.blogspot.com/

from tonya kilgore!
countingpirate@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

Shampoo! White Rain is probably the cheapest brand ever and I hate it! I always stick to Herbal Essences and Aussie even when I know I could get cheaper. Is that such a college girl thing to say? lol :D

Hatchee said...

Lucky Charms!
I try to eat Marshmallow Mateys (the kind that comes in the big bags) sometimes but honestly, they just don't cut it.

Jennifer B said...

No problem, glad to help:) I love checking out everyone's frugal ideas. They are inspiring. :)

One thing I didn't think of was you might only be able to get limited types of Starbucks coffee. Here's hoping they have your favorites. :)

Steve Bowman said...

We have to agree with Josh. Up until the last couple of years or so, we could drink any kind of coffee out there. I don't know how or when it happened, but we've turned into "coffee snobs"!
I think it may have started by the Christmas Blend that we would get as a gift or special treat.
Maybe we can blame it on Paul Allen! Ha!
Janie