Thursday, May 24, 2018

I Did NOT Cuss Out My Riding Mower Today

I may have gotten a little carried away with my mower today.  The belt is old and wasn't catching the spring to lower the blade.  Something so little can seem so big when it is added to difficult news about friends or the heaviness on the news that is already circulating in my mind.  But today while I was kneeling down cussing out checking out the mower I was gently handed a thought that made me smile.  And then another one.  And then another one.

I thought I'd share some of my the things that I love and that make me smile to jumpstart your smile so that you can try to find some of your own.

Breast cancer runs in my family.  Knowing this has kept me in search of the perfect natural deodorant.  And let me tell you, I have found some doozies.  I have finally found one that I love though! It goes on smooth and clean, not sticky and wet.  I don't have to reapply nearly as much as the other natural deodorants I have tried.  And my friend is the one who makes it!  So if you are in the market for a good REAL deodorant let me know and I'll hook you up with my friend

Which leads me to something that puts this awesome deodorant to the test!  

Every other push mower we have had has been used and pretty beat up.  Not to mention that they have been quite literally heavier than I am and difficult to push up the hill at the bottom of our driveway.  But not this bad boy.  Josh had to finally break down and buy one, but even though it was the cheapest on the lot this puppy is light and even has a lower handle, which is perfect for my not-so-long self. 


Along the same "natural" lines...this little 1 lb. bag of soap nuts was only $19 and should hopefully wash all of my laundry for the next 2 years (because my last bag was 1/2 a lb. and I ordered it last April) .  How is THAT for savings?!  My sister-in-law told me about these gems and I haven't gone back since.  I've even done the whole "make your own detergent" and this, my friends, is even better!


My favorite face cleanser.  I've tried tons of these too and this is my go-to lately.


The vinyl I'm listening to right now.  Have you heard of Nils Frahm?  You need to look him up and take a listen right now.


The two corners of our front porch have 6th generation (at least!) bird nests.  Every year we get about 3 families in each corner and they just keep building their nests higher and higher with each year.  It's so fun to watch the life cycle right outside our window every spring ALL spring.  God even has a perfect family design for the birds.  Both parents prepare the nest.  The mom then lays the eggs and sits.  The dad finds and brings food to the mom as she waits on those eggs to hatch.  Then after they do hatch the dad still brings food (until the baby birds get older and bigger) and brings food to the mom who then eats and "shares" with the babies.


These are my favorite kinds of bouquets.  Wild and free, delivered with love.


That feeling when I finally get time to do Alethia's hair (and pray that it lasts for at least a couple weeks).


Jude checked out a cupcake baking book from the library and I promised that we could try our hand at one of them.  These are little horse cupcakes that Jude made almost all by himself!  That kid LOVES to bake:-)


My favorite pair of shoes


Picnic dinners outside.


Cai is REALLY loving soccer!  We claimed some of the land next to our backyard and Josh made a soccer field.  Then he crafted a goal out of old wood and old packing saran wrap we've had in the shed since we moved here in '09.  This is most likely where you'll find our family in the evenings before bed.


No comments: