Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Photos

The kids were riding their bikes outside and then all of a sudden it began to downpour.
And then the sun came out.
And then the rain stopped.
And then it got cloudy again.
But between all of those sudden changes THESE two beauties made an appearance!
I can literally see the sun shining through the clouds making the colors.
They were GORGEOUS!


Meet Dan.  He's Josh's summer intern.
He likes jumping THROUGH trampolines, playing with kids and telling really corny dad jokes.
Just ask him, I'm sure he's got a few good ones up his sleeve, ha!
We're glad you're here Dan!  Welcome to the fam.

Sometimes I feel like weeds are like "bad words".
I mean, who really gets to say whether they are actually good or bad?
These beautiful weeds make my favorite arrangements to place around our home.

Jude decided that it would be fun to strip down and roll around in the grass NAKED the other night.
Needless to say he broke out all over, and I guess Josh got tired of scratching his back and found the next best thing...
my spaghetti  tong, picker-upper thingy spork (don't worry, I had to google what the heck to call that thing too, lol)

Josh also made Zeke a personalized "brain food" snack for Zeke's EOG's
He said it wasn't his favorite, but that it helped his brain, so we'll call it a #win

These rain showers this week have made for an awful lot of fun for both Colony kids and chickens alike.
It has also resulted in twice as many loads of laundry, but whatever.

I captured this yesterday afternoon.
You can see the very edge of the nasty storm that literally went right around us
 and the sun that danced right above the storm clouds.

When we began Rainy's science at the beginning of the year I promised that she could have all the leftovers
from the experiments to play with (outside).
You would have thought it was Christmas when I handed her the box of "treasures".

Don't worry, she didn't do any testing on animals.
She prefers living humans.

Zeke's new thing this week has been to take orders from the kids in his class who don't have coloring books or printers at home.  He then comes home and WE print the outlined images so Zeke can use the printed pictures over and over as he traces coloring pages for his friends.  Man I love this boy's heart!
We will be asking for printer ink for Christmas this year, lol.

I mean, come on, look at all these vibrant colors!

Last day of 6th grade selfie with my girl.

Two Colony kids down.  Only three more to go.  COME ON SUMMER!


No comments: