Monday, January 30, 2017

Story In Pictures: #EFL2017 (because I simply don't have the words yet)


I cannot put into words all that is stirring in my soul after this past week in DC at the ERLC conference.

A few words keep circulating over and over...
Overwhelmed with gratitude.
Humbled.
Privileged.
Honored.

But it all just sounds too cliche.

The trip itself was amazing. Something this weary mama needed.

We finally entered this century and are now pros at calling an Uber.  Well I'm not, but Josh has it down now, ha!
I mean, this guy looks sexy just waiting on an Uber!
I could go on and on about the venue we stayed at and played in.  The sights from the room where we ate our meals was breathtaking!
Photo credit: Josh Smyth

The first floor lobby of our hotel, outside, our room and a "green room"


I could tell you about all the fantastic sights we saw and the history we absorbed.


Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and the White House 
Metro, Union Station and Capitol

World War II Memorial
Photo Credit: Patrick Downing - Selfies inside of Union Station
I could tell you about the homeless man we met and got to pray with named William.  And how we met up with him a couple days later and our prayers had been answered with a YES! (His personal story is so sweet.  I'll have to share it one day.)

I could talk about how amazing it is to get to lead worship with these gifted musicians who have become part of our family after playing with some of them for nearly a decade!

we almost had to have an acoustic rehearsal because #technicaldifficulties
Photo Credit: Kelly Via, watching from Her home in Uganda

Photo Credit: Kelly Via

Photo Credit: Rocket Republic
Photo Credit: Rocket Republic
I could talk about the protests that went on outside of the venue where we were leading.
Photo Credit: Travis Motley

Or the realization that we were in DC at a very pivotal point in American History with all that is going on politically and with our people.

The snipers on the surrounding rooftops while Vice President Pence spoke at the March For Life Rally

Getting lost in the sea of people as we waded through the crowds during the rally


I could confess to the photos I shot from the couch while all these respected men and women went in and out of the green room preparing for their sessions or panels.  But we all know that I'd NEVER do that, unless my girlfriends from home were peer pressuring me to see who all was there, ha!  I mean, who wants to be THAT PERSON taking selfies with all these well-respected leaders?!

I did get the nerve to ask a couple of people for photos that we spent a little more time with and there were several others who made such an impact on me like Sharen Ford and Jackie Hill Perry.
Glenn Packiam - a worship leader hero of ours
I got to sit and chat with Lauren Chandler, Matt Chandler's wife, for a little bit (even after confessing that I really didn't know ANYTHING about her) and talk about family and ministry
Russell Moore, one of the sweetest and most genuine men you will meet. We respect him so much!
Leta Sue from Focus On The Family, who finally made the connection that she is friends with my mom!
I could even talk about how overwhelming it is to really let myself think about how we are all on the same team, fighting the same fight, with the main focus being to share the gospel of Christ to a broken and hurting world, no matter what gender or nationality. Or how young or old.

But for now, pictures will just have to suffice.
Because right now I can't get my mind to focus and quiet itself to even begin to process all that the Holy Spirit is doing within.

Heavenly Father,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  I am so very grateful for your graciousness that allowed us this opportunity and I pray for the boldness to fulfill in obedience what you are asking of me after all that I have heard and seen.
Amen


The event is over but you can still go back and watch all the sessions
HERE and sign up under the simulcast link and "View On Demand".

No comments: