Sunday, February 28, 2016

Areyna Joy Turns 11 Today

This girl is turns 11 years old today.

She is full of adventure and curiosity.

She loves everything animal, science and art.

She hates girlfriend drama.

She strives for peace.

She is often praised for being so patient with others.  I'm sure she gets it from living in such a crazy family, but it carries over into all of life for her.  Her teacher knows she can count on Rainy to split up the trouble makers in the class and I know that I can count on her to step in when I am at my wits end with a Colony kid to offer assistance and help.

She doesn't like attention on herself, yet LOVES being part of the worship team for her peers at Journey.

She'll take playing outside over playing electronics any day.


Areyna Joy,

I love you so much.  Thank you for being so patient with me as I learn to parent an 11-year-old tweenager.  I am so proud of you for loving your friends the way Jesus wants you to and for listening to the Holy Spirit that lives in you.  You make me a proud mama.  I pray that you will continue to grow in your relationship with Christ, that you will keep letting me give you goodnight kisses and that you will always come and tell me what's on your mind.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Love always,
Your Mama

PS - I also pray that you will let me take a few more good pictures of you so you don't resent me for having more photos of everybody else but you when you grow up;)

No comments: