Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Book Worm

I am in the middle of several books again.
No, I don't have time to read each of them everyday, and thankfully some of them are with groups so I only need to read 1 chapter a week, but man is my brain taking in a lot these days!

I thought I'd share the good reads I'm in the middle of for those of you looking for something to inspire.

"Spirit Hunger" by Gari Meacham.
This book came at just the right time and is chalk full of life altering perspective on the power of the Holy Spirit and our response to Him.










"Hands Free Mama" by Rachel Macy Stafford
I'm reading through this one with my Squad.  In an effort to live in the moment, while still living a "relevant" life, we chose this book to help us balance it all.  It has been EXCELLENT so far.  I love how it isn't "anti-devices" or social media, but helps us gain an eternal perspective for the real-live people right in front of us as we put healthy boundaries in place for everything else.







"Give Them Grace" by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson
I can't rave enough about this one.  OK, well I have only just begun reading, but it had me hooked by the time I finished the forward and introduction!  I am reading this along with my co-writers over at KITW.  The writers graciously tear the vail between moral behavior and Christ-focused heart-change. I don't know about you, but I don't want an outwardly obedient child who rejects Jesus inwardly.  I want to flood them with the awareness of God's grace as it infiltrates my own life and then let it wash over the way I parent.

I will be writing on Chapters 4 and 9.  So make sure you go grab your copy and jump into the discussion!

No comments: