Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Difference In A Week


Last Sunday I remember sitting in church desperately clinging to every word that was spoken and sung.  Knowing full well that it was all truth, but being numbed by life and circumstances to respond to any of it.  Our family has been through a pretty hard season over the past several months and the difficulty had been progressively getting more and more severe.

I remember sitting there, unable to stand and lift up my hands.
Unable to utter a word of this truth I so fiercely believe from every inch of my body.

I wearily hung on every word as I mentally offered them up to the Lord.

But this week has been a huge turning point.

This week brought hope.
Brought life.
Brought order from the chaos.

I don't know how long it will last or what the next season will bring.
But I know that today I rejoiced and praised from the overflow.

Some weeks we find ourselves in the desert and other weeks we sing from the mountaintops.
But EVERY week He is God and He is GOOD and I will choose to praise Him.

No comments: