This used to be the boys dresser.
Actually when it was given to us by our friends it was
the yellow(ish) color on the bottom of the dresser feet.
(I'm not very good at keeping things their original color...)
But over time
(and quite possibly a result of the frequency of rearrangements it had endured, ahem)
the drawers began to break.
In this pictures you can see that the bottom drawer had broken
so we used that space to place baskets with board games
It served its purpose well until yet another drawer broke.
We ended up moving it back into the boys room and used the top two drawers for Jude's clothes.
The bottom half was turned into a reading nook with pillows and books.
But then the boys room was feeling a little cramped.
That's when I decided to move Jude to his big boy bed.
Which gave us more space under his bed for his own clothes.
The other boys clothes were moved into their closet.
So the only items I needed to find a home for were the boys costumes.
That is pretty much their only toy in their room.
I mentally created a plan and with a little help from the hubs
we transformed this beautiful dresser into a trunk for the boy's costumes.
My next project: trying to figure out how I can make my couch into a pull-out sofa!