Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Take 5

Band:  Dvorak

Song Title:  Serenade for Strings in E Major, Op. 22 (2)

Timer on 5 minutes

and...GO!

Going in a totally different genre direction today.

I miss making this kind of music.  Did you know that I began playing the violin when I was 4.  Did you know that I broke my violin bow in elementary school when my brother tripped over it as I threw a temper tantrum about HIM being able to empty the trash instead of me, ha!  Did you know that I NEVER liked practicing?  Nope, still don't.  Did you know that I fought my mom tooth and nail in high school about music, but man am I glad she made me stick with it! (thanks mom)  I have played in orchestras my whole life and traveled with the Charleston Symphony Youth Orchestra where I got to play concert mistress with my little brother leading the cello section?  Then I went on to major in music in college.  Don't ask me to teach, though.  I hated that, and I was never really good at it.  I played in the Raleigh symphony for a couple of seasons, but it conflicted with my co-ed soccer team and soccer eventually won out.  Josh and I met playing music together in college and we've been making music together ever since (take that as you will;).

Rainy is home with a weird stomach thing.  She's been watching this mermaid show on Netflix.  I think I would have liked it at her age.

I got my first order in several weeks for the ColonyShop and it's nice to be back at it again.

I'll finally be writing my blog on how to reorganize your home.  I know you can hardly wait, ha!

Josh and I watched the movie about Rich Mullins last night and I can't get it out of my mind today.

Timer off.

PUBLISH

No comments: