Thursday, August 14, 2014

New Fall's Resolutions

Being outside has one of the most calming effects on me.
I love the natural light, the fresh air, the sound of creation all around (as opposed to air conditioner fans and washing machines...which I am TOTALLY thankful for, BTW!).
I breathe it in deep and feel 100 pounds lighter.

This morning I am sitting outside, with a big mug of coffee, 1 little one scurrying up and down my lap, a teenager, who has allowed us into her life, and a crisp fall-like breeze blowing through the atmosphere.

I almost feel like this changing of season is like the New Year.
A fresh start comes with each fresh new season.

I am in a season of contentment.
I love it here.  

Not feeling like anything is pressing in around me.
Not running around from this thing to that.
Settling into a new routine with school underway.

Life is not perfect by any means, but I am happy with where I am.
Sometimes I have to work harder at being content than others but right now, I am here.

I was just sitting here making mental goals for myself for the rest of the year and realized it was like New Year's all over again.

I was reevaluating my life to see where I had come over the past few months and where I wanted to go.  And honestly I feel like I have done a fair job sticking to my year's mantra, "BE STILL".  I have tediously weeded out the unnecessary from my life to get back to the basics of my calling.  I'm still perfecting the art of saying "no" but am definitely getting better at it, and certainly reaping the benefits from it!  My life is simple and I want it to stay this way.  I NEED it to stay this way.  I want to intentionally leave myself with enough white space to be available.

I want to be available. Available to my kids, available to my husband, available to the people God has placed around me.

So just one thing will be added to my New Fall's Resolutions.  
How about you?

No comments: