Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pity Party

Sometimes I get in a funk.

I can't get out.

No matter what I do or how hard I try.
Or how hard I pray for a perspective change.
Or think that if "I can just put my finger on the 'trigger'" I will magically be lifted from the funk.

But sometimes it takes a REAL dose of perspective.

Like hearing of a homeless mom and daughter who were going to have to sleep in their car because they had no place to stay.  Who once had a family and a home and everything they could possibly need...and then in a moment it was all taken away.

And then my messy house, and piles of laundry, and the lunches I have to pack with my abundance of food all seem like a selfish pity party.

That, my friend, will refresh your perspective like none other.

Pray for the homeless.
Pray that they can find the hope in Christ when all else seems to be crumbling around them.

No comments: