Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Free-For-All : Highs and Lows

Forgive me if this post seems like I was up all night.
Because I was. up.all.night.
Literally.
Our poor Jude boy has hand foot mouth AGAIN!  They say that every time you get it, it will be worse, and boy were they right!  I've never seen such terrible sores.  He woke up around 11 and didn't pass out until after 6 this morning.  My heart hurts for him, not to mention my eyes that can barely stay open, ha!

But let's talk about something a little sweeter, shall we.
Like guinea pigs!

We all love these little guys, but I'd say that Rainy and Jude ADORE them.  Jude favors Zeke's little guy-that's-a-girl-that-has-a-guy-name.  He only squeezes them on accident when they aren't paying him enough attention.

In school this week we have been focusing on some basic addition.  And after such a terrible mom day we needed a little pick-me-up.  We painted popsicle sticks and glued them on paper to make the math problems.  It was a lot of fun!

Rainy has been getting some extra 8-year-old privileges and staying up "late". And of course, Jude wouldn't go down yet, so they spent some time together last night.  Between the unloading of the dishwasher and the packing of the lunches I managed to walk into the living room to see this.  Oh my heart, how precious is this sight?!

Josh hands over the man-of-the-house rights to Zeke whenever he heads out of town.  And this is just one example of how seriously he takes his duties.  Every night, on his own initiative, he leads the Colony in family devotions, locks all the doors, and tucks all his siblings into bed with stories and tickles.  I couldn't be more happy with the way I see him following in his daddy's footsteps!

Rainy lost another tooth last night!  Hooray for the fact that it came out during her own tooth-wiggling exercizes and not because I was forced to pull it out.  Boo, for the fact that the Colony tooth fairy needs to be fired!  She has forgotten to gather her precious teeth in exchange for goods not once...not twice...but THREE times now!  *sigh*

On  sweeter note my parents are coming for a visit this weekend!  They get here tonight and I couldn't be more excited!  The kids are pretty excited too:)

So, that's been my week.  You know, uneventful as usual, hahaha!

Happy Friday ya'll!

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Awe, I love all the pictures. And, way to go on your homeschool activities; looks like a lot of fun with learning! Zeke is also such a good man of the house;)