Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Free-For-All

So, I'm writing this at three o'clock in the afternoon.  I've been working all morning on getting our house back in order after a weekend away.  I am just now finishing breakfast cleanup, if that tells you anything about how this week has gone, ha!

I also went to change a load of laundry over, and found myself secretly relieved that the clothes in the dryer still were not dry.  That only makes me happy because that means all I have to do is push a button to run it through again, instead of having to take it out and fold it right away:)  The epitome of laziness, I tell ya!

This time of year is always difficult for me.  My favorite holiday by far, because without it, nothing matters! Without it, there is no hope!  But Holy Week and all the meanings and traditions that surround it are so thought captivating that it makes "normal life" difficult if you really let it all sink in.  Today is the hardest day of them all.  Good Friday.  Remembering Christ's destiny that was required in order to set us free.  The pain. The hurt.  The sin.  The disappointment...the death of their hopeful King.
Hope died that day in the eyes of so many.

The only thing that makes Good Friday okay, is the fact that Easter Sunday is coming!  Praise The Lord!  Death was conquered and Hope was raised from the dead!

Come join us in celebration tonight as we remember Christ's sacrifice for you and for me, tonight at Journey.

Then for any of our 3 services on Sunday morning.

We are homeowners again!  Yup, we closed on our house on Monday afternoon.  It took all of 15 minutes of signing our lives away:)  We're pretty excited to begin making this home our own!

My sister and brother-in-law leave on Wednesday evening for their new home in Uganda.  They are still about $1800 short of their monthly expenses goal.  Here are 3 ways to contribute financially as they follow His leading to fight for their daughter.
1 - GIVE DIRECTLY
2 - BUY JOSH's ALBUM The First The Last and all proceeds will go to their family
3 - Order the Love Bracelet (as a prayer reminder) or anything else from Patience Leino's trunk show and a percentage will go to the Via family.

Ok, I'm off to begin the ethnic hair routine.  See you in 8 hours, ha!

Happy GOOD FRIDAY ya'll!

No comments: