Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Moves You


Music.

Music moves me.

It can well up every emotion imaginable within seconds of the first chord.

The words, beautiful words, worship through words.

The melody, beautiful melody, worship through song.

Smells.

Smells move me.

One breathe of a familiar smell can bring me back to any point in time.

Sweet Pea, our Honeymoon.

Pumpkin Spice, our adoption process in Uganda.

A certain restaurant, one of the darkest moments in my life.

Written words.

Written words move me.

Words of encouragement, hope, heartache, perseverance.

Words written by my love, by my children, by my Father.

Writing.

Writing moves me.

Thoughts captured on paper.

Colors.

Colors move me.

The colors of the sunset, the turning leaves, the dark green grass, my children.

What things move you?  What makes it impossible for you NOT to feel SOMETHING?

No comments: