Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Just Do SOMETHING

For some reason I just can't get "life" to pause for even a split second for me.

Nope, it just keeps moving.

And the speed just keeps picking up pace.

Life has been so crazy here lately.

So much transition.  So much change.  So much...

We keep telling ourselves that this is just a season.

A crazy season.

But even when we finally get through this crazy season
we're going to be in the beginning stages of trying to navigate a brand new season.

We're ALWAYS in a season.

I tried to sit down and write out all my anxiety "triggers".  They were all just normal mom things.  Just a laundry list of to-do's.  Little to-do's.

But all the little to-do's pile up into an "always-doing-to-do's" and it gets just a bit overwhelming.

So I have had to resolve to the fact that life, in fact, is NEVER going to stop.
Never going to slow down.
Always have to-do's to do.
So, so many to-do's.

But I can't just freeze!

I just need to do SOMETHING.

So, I'm just gonna grab ONE thing from the life spinning all around me and work on that ONE thing today.

It may not get done.
It is NEVER done.
It always just keeps going.

But at least I'm moving.

Moving and praying and striving to thrive in the life God has given me.

1 comment:

Patty Honeycutt said...

It will slow down I promise. It will be a while from now, but it will slow down. And when it does your heart might just miss some of the things that weigh it down now. You will turn around and your babies will be grown up. You might feel a little lost as in a "what now" kind of way. And you will miss snotty noses, loads and loads and loads of laundry, crayons and legos put away instead of underfoot, etc. You can't imagine missing the craziness, but you just might. You won't miss the anxiety that it causes, but you might miss the feeling of purpose. Maybe it's just me that misses it. My advice is to cherish all of it - even the chaos.