Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

Seriously, it's October?!

Yes, it's October!  OCTOBER!

That means that the fall is in full swing...although the sticky humidity and heat would deem otherwise:) But I found an awesome recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte's for the crock pot (thanks, Emily) that I'm itching to try and the ingredients for Wassail sitting in my cabinet, just waiting for the cooler weather to reappear!  I did hear that it is supposed to drop about 30 degrees on Sunday!  Maybe that will be our lucky day:)

I got all ready on Monday morning...you know shower, real clothes, makeup, emotional prepping for Zeke...and headed out to Sanford Creek Elementary.  Zeke had his first day at school to finish up his testing for his IEP.  He was excited and I was anxious.  We walked in the front door and he was wide-eyed!  I had to remind him that he would NOT be going to recess that day, ha!  We found the PT and walked in...and that is when I realized that I had showed up a week early.

*sigh*

At least we got his hearing and eye sight tested, ha!  We'll try again next week:)

Jude is such a good kid that when he actually cries and carries on I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.  He was inconsolable on Monday night.  I was literally up ALL NIGHT LONG.  The few times I was actually able to nod off for a few minutes were in Josh's office chair.  We were both exhausted by the time the morning rolled around.  I thought it might be his ears so I begun giving him garlic drops.  The next morning was more of the same...so I called the pediatrician.  His ears were a little red, but fine.  They concluded that it was just a virus along with some allergies.  The allergy medication has worked wonders and he is his happy self again.  I ended up getting the virus the very next day and have been in a daze the entire week!  But, I'm finally feeling "normal", as of last night, and cheering was had by all!

Zeke is so funny.  He has had our whole family day planned out for days!  From Josh's homemade donuts for breakfast to stringing his guitar with new strings:)

And since we're on such a tight schedule today I better go!

Happy Friday, ya'll!

No comments: