Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

It's FRIDAY!!!!

Not that it's been a terribly long week...but TGIF anyway, 'cause Fridays are fun and it is proof that we made it through another week:)

Our crazy bed bug ordeal kind of put a kink in our routine, but hey, if it's not the bed bugs it's something else.  It really would be nice to be able to pick a routine and actually be able to let it play out for more than one day in a row.

When I was with my parents we watched a documentary on farming...I tell ya, the more I research about our food in America the more I want to go by a piece of property and just make my own food to sustain our family...except that would be really hard and I can't even keep my house plants alive...anywho...

We did make it to the farmer's market last weekend.  I've been wanting to go, but it's almost 30 minutes away and produce only lasts about a week, which means that we would have to go every week in order to support our local farmers in their endeavor, which seems a little daunting to me.  And that is why this was our first outing:)  I know, I have some major mental obstacles to break through sometimes, ha!
If you look closely you'll see that this is Beth Moore's Produce.
I had NO IDEA she was in this business:)
It was SO much fun though.  We let each of the kids pick out a fruit and a veggie, with the stipulation that one of the veggies was new and that we would all try it!  So, Alethia helped me pick out some yummy Okra and Cai chose the fattest purple Eggplant he could get his chubby little fingers around.  I had never bought either one of those veggies and we were pleasantly surprised.

On another note...

Jude ate Zeke's Iron Man mask yesterday.  Yup, like there's no sign of little pieces that would show that it was just ripped apart.  It's gone!  It was printed on card stock and wrapped around Zeke's head with a rubber band.  At least he didn't get any of the rubber band.  I wish I would have taken pictures of the remnants.  Probably 65% of it is now churning away in Jude's little tummy.  It should make for an interesting few diapers in the next day or so.

Josh is taking Rainy and Zeke camping tonight.  They are ECSTATIC!  I can't wait to hear the stories:)

Well, Happy Friday all you loyal readers:)

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Happy Friday! Glad you had a great time at the Farmer's Market! AND, that the bedbugs are a thing of the past! Have a great weekend.