Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Free-For-All


Jude became the proud recipient of his first two teeth this week!  They are so stinkin' cute:)  One of these days he'll let me get a picture of them.  But this is what I've got so far, ha!

My kids have had an absurd amount of interest in burping and flatulence over the past week or so.  It's not like we ever talk about it all that much to make them think is SO funny.  After reaching my limit of songs made up about burping and farting I decided to take the scientific approach and explain just what burps and farts really are.  Apparently "air bubbles in your bootie" aren't exactly going to cease the eruption of laughter from the back seat as quickly as I had hoped...

My brother, Andrew, and his wife, Dana, dropped in for a quick visit to meet the two newest members of the colony.  It was by far the most fun visit with them yet!  Dana read books to the kids until her face turned blue and they LOVED every minute of it!  Andrew brought his cello and he and Josh played the night away:)

Cana and Karis joined us for a day as we decided to expand the sandbox capacity to 6:)

An hour before Andrew and Dana arrived Alethia found an ant bed to hang out in.  By the time Josh arrived at the scene there was only 1 ant left on her, but it was imbedded in her foot.  She was clearly in pain, but I honestly didn't think anything of it...until she showed me her foot.  It was really swollen and hot, then her eyes began to swell shut.  Very quickly she began to whimper, saying it hurt to breathe and her whole body was covered in softball sized welps and hives!  We called the pediatrician and they told us to come in immediately.  It was really scary.
We are now the proud owners of...


Tonight is going to be an amazing night of worship at Journey!  We'd love for you to come on out and join us.

Tonight, August 24th  ~  7pm
3500 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 

BE THERE!!!

I'm headed to the pool!

Happy Friday ya'll!!!

1 comment:

The Gentilini Gab said...

Hey Tasha, I noticed Jude has a teething necklace. I'm curious about these. Some people say great, others say its a safety hazard and others say that mom can wear them and the benefits be transferred to baby. Any thoughts/info?