Monday, July 30, 2012

Not Me Monday

Sunday mornings are no big deal to me.

Nope, not to me.

I just show up, play through the set a few times, and pack up my gear.

Yup, it's that easy.

And since it's just that easy I would NEVER wake up in a sweat after a nightmare about all that could possibly go wrong on a Sunday morning.

A nightmare about a HUGE worship night that Josh and I were scheduled to lead.

Like, coliseum-huge.

I think I've got it all together...

...and then the countdown begins on the big screens and I realize that I have 5 children to find classes for...

...in a place I've never been before.

Nobody is offering to help as Zeke freaks out as we run up and down the hallways trying to find his class...or as Cai and Alethia are both crying out to go potty...and Areyna, who even knows where she is?!

Then I hear Josh begin to sing over the speakers as he starts in on the first song, the song with the most predominant violin part in the set...

...but there's still a problem...

...it's not the fact that Josh is wearing a sparkling white suit with a pastel shirt, although that could be considered a problem to some;)...

...no, the problem is that as I run up the front steps of the stage (instead of the back wing), which is an entirely different problem of its own, I keep hearing a screaming child.

And that's when I realize that the said screaming child is MY child that I have been carrying around in his car seat and is now up on stage with me.

A VERY HUNGRY baby who I haven't fed or prepared a meal for.

Again, no takers for any help.

I am forced to prop him in a chair beside my pedal board and rock him with one knee while I bend over to pick up my violin.

But that is when I realize that my quarter inch isn't long enough for me to stand up completely straight!

Sweating...

Turning BRIGHT RED...

...then I go to play the first note and try to find the right key before realizing I don't even have a mute pedal and everyone can hear me!

Franticly trying to prepare my heart before the Lord in the moment...

It's a good thing I don't have to worry about any of those kinds of things on a Sunday morning, because that would be a TERRIBLE nightmare!

Sunday mornings are just no big deal for me.

Nope, not me!

1 comment:

MeMe and Poppee said...

Funnest blog ever!!! So glad it was just a dream. How did you ever remember all those details?