Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What To Expect When You're Expecting...#5 - Weeks 1-6

You don't even have to take a pregnancy test because you know that "empty feeling" in your stomach.  You know that feeling.  Even after you just ate a full meal.

You may begin to fall asleep every time you sit down to read, sit down to fold clothes, sit down to eat, sit down...alright, you get the picture.

You will most likely use any excuse to mandate another room time or rest time for your other kids, just to sneak in another little power nap.

Normal tasty treats, such as Pineapple Casserole, make you feel as though you just ate 100 year old Egg Nog (do you remember that from Fear Factor, ha!) and you may need to formulate a path to the toilet IMMEDIATELY!

You are hungry, but can't eat.  You aren't hungry, but have to eat.

Swallowing things, such as a prenatal vitamins, or brushing your teeth, may become difficult and maybe even non-existent for a time.  It's okay, children's gummie vitamin's will do until you can swallow your vitamin and gum works great for those weeks that you can't force yourself to brush your teeth without gagging;)

People's reactions will be across the board, especially if you are adopting.  Don't get discouraged.  All 738 people who found out on my blog yesterday just will not understand, and that's okay, but God will not give you more than you can handle!

********************************************************

Yes, I was, in fact, pregnant.

Was it a surprise?  Yes!

Was it planned?  No!

Were you preventing? Yes!

Were you charting? Yes!

We had decided that my body needed a break after one of the scariest weeks of my life back in December, but apparently the Lord had other plans!  BIGger plans...

I can't help but think that it had something to do with my surrender a month prior to this news.

I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I may never get pregnant again and was truly fine with that.  Yes, content, and was trying to look at it from a positive angle.  I could finally let my body stay the same size!  My "normal figure" would be my figure.  No more in-between stages.  Now that's pretty positive! Another pretty positive thing was less stuff.  No more baby stuff in the attic or in the house.  No more waking up in the middle of the night for feedings as well as all the other things that go along with the infant stage.  Totally content...

Then there is the baby stuff.  I had just given all our baby stuff away the month before!

Our minds were whirling!  We didn't have our baby stuff anymore and we were in the middle of adopting.  We were preventing, so how in the world did this happen?!

OK, so we KNOW how it happened, but you know what I mean;)

So, we made a call to my OBGYN, because we were instructed that I needed to call them right away if I were to ever get a positive pregnancy test after my surgery.  I spent the next several weeks in doctors visits, getting blood work done and early sonograms, to make sure that everything was good and healthy.

I don't think I've gained any weight by the time I reached 6 weeks.  Maybe a pound or 2?

I took myself off of my anxiety medicine immediately.  That's been a fun experience...for NOBODY!

I've been pretty lightheaded, mostly because my blood pressure has been consistently low since I got pregnant.  That and the fact that I've been off my meds and fuzziness, lightheaded(ness) and numb body parts are a side effect of going off cold turkey.

We decided that we wanted to keep it a secret for as long as we could.  First of all, we wanted to make sure that everyone was healthy and okay.  Second, we thought it would be fun to announce the sex at the same time we told people we were pregnant.  But, as you can tell from this picture, by the third meal of the day, especially if it's a good one, there isn't much hiding it, ha!  We'll see how long we can keep it a secret.  It's a little harder when you have family that lives near you and sees you often.


6 Weeks Preggers

11 comments:

Emily Miller said...

Tasha! Congrats! :) YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!! :) :) :) yay!

Morgan Hanna said...

WELL, I think it is GREAT!!!! You guys are such amazing, Godly people, why not make more AMAZING and GODLY people!!! Congrats to everyone!

Stacey said...

I love the dynamics of your family! God puts together His plans, not ours! (Thankfully.)

So, so happy for you!

I'll be praying for you!

Unknown said...

I agree with Morgan! Why not multiply in more Via's?!?! Your heart for the Lord and people MUST be carried out to the next generations :)
We love you and Josh and your children and love your heart for a big family too!
Now we aren't the ONLY family in Rolesville that will have 5 children, ha!!!

the broomes said...

Tash!!!!!I am SO excited!!!!! Praise God for more precious via kiddos. We love you guys and are rejoicing with you over via baby #5!

Katie said...

Tasha! I am so so thankful for you and your transparency and your love for our Lord. You truly live as He is the Master of your life and your family! You are a wonderful example to me! To God be the Glory!! I went back and read your surrender post tonight too. Crazy because this is the theme of what God is teaching me here in Ecuador for the past two weeks! I'm learning more and more about surrender. I am praying that Psalm 139 verse. I pray He continues to teach me about surrender!

I hope to see you when I get back to WF in August. Think about how I can help! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tasha,
I am so happy for all of you! I know Areyna is sooo excited! She will get another little baby to mother! I will be praying for both of you throughout this pregnancy!

Tonya K

Sweet T said...

That's awesome news! Congrats. Let me know if you need baby stuff. We're looking to purge :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Shannon Bradley said...

Just now seeing this!! YAY for baby #5!! :) So excited for y'all!!

Kristi said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Five kiddos will be awesome :)