Monday, April 4, 2011

Transplant

Our little seedlings were doing so well.

WERE doing so well.

Then I decided one day that I needed to give them a little fresh air.

I set them on the back patio for some sunshine and air.  It was a nice, warm, calm day.  I thought you were supposed to do that.  And then that night after I brought them back in for the night they started looking rather droopy.  I gave them a little to drink with some Miracle Grow to perk them back up.

Nope.  Nothing.

They started going downhill from there.  I figured, with the 10-day forecast looking lovely and the threat of frost gone I'd do the big transplant ceremony in hopes to revive these little seedlings.
Sunday afternoon was the big day.
I planted the herbs, marigolds, pumpkins and watermelons around the sides.  The rest of the seedlings went along the top of the bales in two long rows.  I also planted 2 tomato plants in the big pot on the side and a couple on the front porch.  Areyna followed behind me covering the top of the seedlings with a handful of fresh soil.
Now, let's see if we can get these seedlings to perk up a little bit.

3 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Your set-up looks pretty! I bet you can get those little seedlings to perk up!

The Sandy's said...

That's the cutest little garden! At least you have seedlings. Mine in my classroom are not coming up. I don't have enough marigold sprouts yet to even send home for mother's day! I'm afraid my family might starve if it were left up to me to provide our vegies. Good luck!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i agree...it looks mighty cute! hope everything perks up for you!!