Monday, April 4, 2011

Not Me Monday

I always place blame where it belongs.

Yup.

So when I woke up at 1:30am because someone's bass was hitting so hard it woke me up, I would never just jump to conclusions.  I never started playing the blame game because I knew it was our neighbor.  Those obnoxious kids.  I began thinking to myself "I know it's Friday night, but good grief, could you keep it down!"

Nope, not me.

So when I woke up at 3:30am because someone's bass was S.T.I.L.L. hitting so hard it woke me up A.G.A.I.N., I would never become so irritated in my soul that I'd begin actually getting angry at our neighbors.  Those obnoxious kids.  Ooohhh.

I'd never allow it to get under my skin that badly.

Nope, not me.

So when I woke up at 5:05am because someone's bass was S--T--I--L--L hitting so hard it woke me up, yet A--G--A--I--N,  I wouldn't have a sudden realization of who was really at fault, because like I said, I already knew, for a fact, that it had to be our neighbors.  Those obnoxious kids.

It didn't matter that we don't even live in a neighborhood.

It didn't matter that there are no "obnoxious kids" that live around us.

In fact, it didn't even matter that ALL of our neighbors are pretty much sweet, elderly couples in their 70's and 80's, ha!

Nope, I'd never be that silly.

Because if that were the case I might remember that WE are the only ones with obnoxious kids in our "neighborhood".  And that they had been asleep this whole time.  And then I'd be forced to think about the events that played out before going to sleep in my own house.

Nope, I never let my mind turn inward. I am never at fault.

Nope, not me!

Because then I'd remember that I had put on some nice, calm music on iTunes for Josh to come home to, because he had been out all night in a kind of stressful situation.  I'd then remember that I fell asleep before turning it off and iTunes was continuing to play not such nice and calm music throughout the night...throughout the house...on his big recording speakers...with the bass hitting so hard from artists such as Hopesfall, Israel and New Breed, John Mayer and yes, Justin Timberlake!

And that just would never happen to me.

I'm never wrong.  I'm never to blame.

Nope, not me!

I guess those obnoxious kids in our neighborhood are off the hook;)

No comments: