Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Can I Get An "AMEN" From The Men!

Remember this post from last spring?
Well, apparently it was a big hit with the fellas!

While reading through Proverbs I came across some very repetitious passages.
I figured it would be worth sharing,
since there appears to be a pattern here:)

Of course, it won't apply to any of us,
seeing as it was written thousands of years ago,
but it must be worth noting if it is mentioned so, um, delicately.

Poor Solomon, who wrote much of this book.
He had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

********************************************

"A foolish son is his father's ruin,
and a wife's nagging is
an endless dripping."
Proverbs 19:13

"Better to live on the corner of the roof
than to share a house with a nagging wife."
Proverbs 21:9

"Better to live in a wilderness 
than with a nagging 
and hot-tempered wife."
Proverbs 21:19

"Better to live on the corner of a roof
than to share a house with a nagging wife."
Proverbs 25:24

"An endless dripping on a rainy day
and a nagging wife are alike."
Proverbs 27:15

*******************************

Now, you women need to read this very carefully.
Search deep within your hearts
and repent from your nagging ways!

I don't have time to meditate on this right now, though.

I've got to go remind Josh that the ice tray
needs to be filled back up if it's empty,
it's time to mow the grass again,
empty boxes need to be thrown away,
I still need help putting the diaper sprayer on the toilet...

OR
maybe I'll keep my mouth shut today,
pray for him as he seeks the Lord's will and direction for our family,
do what I can to serve him
and try to smile while I fill up the empty ice trays...again:)

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I noticed this, too, while reading through Proverbs through March. Great post - thanks!

Kelly Via said...

hehehhehe, great post Tasha! I love how you ended it ;)

About Our Family said...

This couldn't have come at a more perfect time! Yesterday I had an awful migraine. By the time James got home at 6, I had barely made it through the day. He, being the precious husband he is, sent me to bed. From my cozy spot in bed, I heard him pulling out the tv. Really? The kids have been doing great without it (it was his idea to get rid of it) and I've made it all day on my own, and you get to stride in and hook up the tv? I didn't nag him verbally- in fact, he'd probably be surprised to read this, I hid my frustrations so well. But it's those frustrations in my heart that are so sinful and probably the most destructive. Yikes. I'm glad you reminded me of those verses :). I'm glad I didn't nag out loud- now I just have to pray for forgiveness for the nagging in my heart. Thanks :).