Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Old

My birthday was last Monday so, of course, Josh had a steamy hot date night planned out for us.

We actually hired a babysitter, what?!  No "At-Home Date Nights" for a birthday celebration:)

So, when the babysitter got here we ran out the door, ready for a full night of activities.

Our first stop was the Kid's Exchange at the NC Fair Grounds.  I was selling some stuff for the sale and wanted Josh to see first-hand just what a fraction of the chaos that ensues at this event, so he went with me to drop some stuff off.

Next stop, Amadeo's for dinner.  We used to go there on dates before kids when we were in seminary.  It holds a special place in our hearts now:)  Not to mention it's awesome food.
FYI: You should always share an entree from this restaurant.  Unless, of course, you are planning leftovers for dinner the next night so you can take advantage of someone else preparing the meal.  But who actually does that?  Not me, ha!

Then we headed out to get some coffee, of course.  What date night doesn't involve some coffee with my best friend?!

It was only 9:15pm by then and we figured we had until 12 so we had plenty of time to do...

...hmmm, what SHOULD we do?  We don't really like sitting in movies on dates.  First of all, you don't do anything with each other except sit together, plus if you compare it to the price of a document for our Adoption Dossier, it's SO not worth it!

So,  since we were pretty close to Trader Joe's we drove by to see if they were open to get caught up on some grocery shopping.

Nope, it was a NO-GO!  They close at 9pm.

After contemplating our options, and realizing that I needed to get up to speak in Henderson the next morning, we opted to...

...brace yourselves...

GO HOME.

Yes, that's it!

Josh told me that since it was my birthday I could do whatever I wanted.  And I chose to go back to the comfort of my own home and change into something a little more comfortable;)

I must be getting old or something:)

2 comments:

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Home is where the heart is!

www.rebeccabany.com

Katy said...

This totally sounds like Bob and I! But we usually end up wandering around Target or Walmart and then home earlier than expected. Yeah, I guess I'm old, too ;-)