Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This, That and The Other

I'm sitting here in my chair peering outside as I watch my husband cut firewood outside.  It's his new addiction lately.  I sure don't mind the warmness of the fire throughout the house.  Besides there's just something kind of sexy about a man chopping wood:)

Oh...um...anyway...

I deemed today a "Mandatory Nap Day".  You may remember, right before the surgery we were playing in Charlotte and before that was my Nanna's funeral in CO so my kids had been on the road for weeks.  When their bodies let down, the tears flow continuously and the attitudes scream out.  So, in order to keep my sanity, I am sitting in the quiet, once again, while their little bodies rejuvenate while they sleep.

We got home yesterday afternoon from the Via Christmas up in Roanoke, VA.  I know we always give numbers, but if you could only imagine this house full of people and children.  Just because I can, here are the numbers again...17 adults, 12 kids - 5 and under, at least 2 preggers and 2 dogs...sheesh.  It was a lot of fun, but after being home alone with Josh for 10 days on bed rest, to say that it was overwhelming is an understatement.  My emotions were kickin' in high gear...

This week is "First-Time Obedience Boot Camp".  After being away from Josh and I, the kids are having a horrendous bit of a hard time obeying.  I'll tell you more about the creative way we are bribing our kids trying to help our kids learn to be kind to each other and obey mommy and daddy right away.

I had my follow-up appointment this morning from my surgery.  My pregnancy test came back negative, which is a good thing.  I didn't think I'd ever say that.  That just means that my pregnancy hormones have gone down to at least 2000 and I am out of any more danger.  They did tell me that I am at a higher risk of another Ectopic Pregnancy the next time around, so if/when we ever get another positive pregnancy test I need to be seen immediately and monitored closely throughout the pregnancy.

As I sat there in the waiting room this morning, watching all the pregnant bellies coming and going, I couldn't help but feel jealous.  But at the same time, relieved.  Jealous that I no longer had our baby in my belly, relieved that I don't have to start all over with the baby stage,  jealous that everybody else is getting pregnant around me...and on the first try (or so it seems), relieved that I don't have to be uncomfortable and nauseous for the next 9 months.  Sad that I'm not pregnant...relieved that I'm not pregnant...  I am trying to remember that our story is different than everyone else's story.  We are just using this to press us on in our adoption and just work toward the little girl whom we are waiting to hold in our arms soon.

On a happier note...we had our family Christmas today.  I racked up on the kids gifts at this summer's Kid's Exchange.  They loved each of their presents.  Josh got me the most awesome gift ever.  He made my blog into a book!!!  Well, actually just 2010...we'll have to start saving to get the other years printed.  If only I didn't write so stinkin' much, ha!  It is so neat to look through it, though.  It was the PERFECT gift:)

What was your favorite Christmas gift?

3 comments:

MeMe and Poppee said...

My favorite Christmas gift was having all my family home.

Susan Sene said...

How did he get your blog made into a book? That is the coolest! I'd love to have a hard copy of mine...it's kinda been my electronic baby book. Can you choose certain posts or is it all or nothin?

I know how you feel about bein jealous. I felt like the one time I knew 13 people who were pregnant all at the same time, I had just lost my baby. May God continue to heal your heart - thankful He's healing your body!

Susan Sene said...

P.S. My cousin had an tubal pregnancy and had one tube removed and went on to have two healthy kids afterwards.