First of all, we can't afford it. It is a step in faith, believing that God has called us to adopt and standing on the promises that He will always provide for His children, even the children that are in the process of adopting his other children:)
That being said, we are also working on several things to raise money to bring our little girl home.
- The first event we are doing is our Adoption Yard Sale! Here are the details:
Via Adoption Yard Sale
Saturday, December 18th
At Our House here in Rolesville
8am to whenever
In light of this weeks events we have been asked if we are going to cancel the yard sale and the answer is NO! We have been warned, by some very loving friends, that we are not allowed to cancel or post-pone this yard sale. They have already put in a lot of hard work to help us throw this thing together. Here's just one of the sweet things you can expect - a warm cup of hot chocolate for the shoppers:) (Thanks Mayhugh family!) Josh and I aren't going anywhere, so if you are still interested in donating items you can come drop them off anytime before Saturday!
- Another project that we are hoping to get done is a brainchild of Josh's. I don't know if he wants me to share the details until it is closer to completion, so, stay tuned:)
- My book is FINALLY in production, as of the 14th, and hopefully I'll have the rough copy within another week or so, yeah! Part of the funds from sales for my book will be going toward our adoption.
- We are working on just plain SAVING! You know when someone says, "You can afford _____________, it's only a $1 a day" or "Just give up your Starbucks coffee every week and you'll be able to afford ____________." Well, I don't know about you, but I never go to my bank and withdraw $.75 for every soda I decide to refrain from drinking, or the $3.75 for my Starbucks drink every week, or the $1/ day for whatever reason. I've never been able to figure that out.
- After we have a completed Homestudy we are going to be able to apply for grants and loans to help with everything else. This will be a huge help!