Friday, October 15, 2010

Resting In His Arms

This is Shabila.  I fell in love with her
as soon as we walked up the steps of the orphanage
and she held her arms up for me to pick her up.

As a matter of fact,
she wouldn't let anyone else hold her or pick her up.
I quickly realized that I really needed to get to work
so I brought her over to Josh
thinking maybe she's find some comfort in his arms.
She went right to him! 
She became more than comfortable with him.
In fact she had a death grip around him
 as she slept safely in his arms.

*****************************************************
I'll be giving full reports throughout next week as I am still trying to process everything in my head.  Right now I am drinking lots of coffee to stay awake and spending every minute I can with these three children of mine that have been attached to us like extra limbs since we walked in the door from the airport:)

Have a GREAT weekend, I know I will!

1 comment:

Gabi said...

Hey this is gabi, i graduated with Hannah and the Kasey's. Just wanted to say it is so cool to hear your stories from Africa. I'm heading to Burkina Faso in TWO weeks!! I've never been but am told there is nothing quite like it. :D What were you guys doing in Uganda?