Monday, October 18, 2010

Not Me Monday

Since Josh and I got back from Africa our children have been extremely a little clingy, especially Micaiah, who is dealing with the worst case ever a mild case of separation anxiety.  Because we are nice parents we have just let it slide and tried to give them our undivided attention all weekend long, thinking that it would eventually die out.

Being the patient mom that I am I have just come to a realization that this is the way life is just going to be from now on.

I would never deem today as "Time-Out" day.

Nope, not me.

I'd never lay down the law first thing in the morning, detailing every circumstance I could think of  and the consequences that will follow.  I mean, who would start out the day like that?!


Not Me!

I always give warnings and second chances, even in tough predicaments like this, IF they were to actually occur.  I'd never send the child straight to "time-out", even when I'd clearly mapped out the consequences at the beginning of the day.

Nope, not me!

Furthermore, I'd never clearly explain to the kids at the beginning of the day when mapping out actions with consequences, that mommy and daddy were going to come across as mean and harsh today but that we do love them and that this was for their own good.  What parent actually does that?  What parent wants to be the bad guy, going as far as to actually tell the kids that they were going to be?!

Not Me!

3 comments:

Kelly Via said...

This doesn't sound like us at all. I mean, I couldn't have written this myself. Not at all.

Josh Via said...

Nope. Me neither.

Morgan Hanna said...

Love you guys! This is too true!!!