Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Little Corners Of My Mind

My mind has been a whirlwind lately and I can't seem to follow through on a single idea or thought.

So, it's your lucky day.

I've got a post filled with random thoughts from my mind that have been circling around for the past couple of weeks.

So, fasten your seat belts and rid yourselves of any type of organizational expectations you may have had while coming here today:)
********************************
It's August! Where in the world did the summer go? In fact, where in the world is 2010 going and why does it seem to be in such a hurry?

The weather was so nice yesterday. We kept all our doors open all day and the kids played outside, happily (well, most of the time), for about 95% of the day. The other 5% was spent eating and yes, they all finally got a bath last night!

Micaiah turns ONE on Friday. I'm not even going to talk about that one yet...

This past Sunday was "transition Sunday". I may or may not have teared up a little bit as I dropped Cai off in his new TODDLER class;) And I may or may not have snuck into Kidz GIG to peak in on Areyna as she danced and sang to Jesus with her new class (which she has been talking about non-stop, by the way!). Zeke, well he didn't transition much, seeing as he's been going to Areyna's class the whole time because he couldn't manage to stay put in his own class without her. But, now that he is familiar with his room and teacher we are working hard to make this transition pleasant for him as he ventures into life without his older sister and cousin in class with him.

Cai slept almost ALL DAY yesterday. He woke up at 8:30am, we put him down for a nap at 10am and he slept until 2:30pm! He was ready to go back to sleep by 4pm and slept until almost 6pm and was still ready for bed at 8pm. Not sure what all that means except for the fact that we've worn that sweet little boy out this summer!

School! AAHHHH...I don't even know where to begin. It's August and I need a plan...and fast!

I feel as though I'm veering more and more into the "simple life". I now dry my clothes on a line outside, I cloth diaper my child, I am working on getting our compost going, I feel the need to rid myself of all unnecessary appliances that "help" me do things more efficiently because I don't feel like they are all that much help anyway. My sister-and-law and I are checking into to a farmer's co-op to buy our meat and produce from. The world probably thinks I'm crazy!

Cai walked a full lap around our whole house yesterday without falling.

Radical is literally kicking my butt! All these feelings and convictions I've felt over the years are surfacing at once and this book is convicting me, even more, to put them into action. So many things to think and pray about.

I'm so glad we don't have to go to the beach this week. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the beach, the ocean, the salt water, the sand, looking for crabs and seashells, cleaning beach remnants from the creveaces of my soon-to-be-one-year-old's chubby rolls, but I am VERY thankful to be at home this week and get caught up on the normal, everyday things, that go weeks without getting done around here, like: mowing the grass, watering the plants (I'm down to 2 live plants inside...pretty sad), laundry, normal cleaning around the house...

Stuff...stuff...stuff...sometimes I just want to get rid of all our "stuff".

We think Areyna may be lactose intolerant. She's been getting really bad stomach aches and we decided that we'd try to weed out milk. She went all dinner and night without a stomach ache and no milk. We'll give it a few days to see what our next step should be.

Yesterday was a super-productive day! We finally got our newsletter done, Josh worked on the yard (it took him 5 hours!), I got caught up in the office...I LOVE productive, relaxing days:)

This weekend will be our church's last weekend in our current space. Josh and a slew of other people have and will be working around the clock, in the new space to put the finishing touches on it so we can get going in full swing right away. I LOVE that Josh gets to be a part of this. I kind of feel like I do when we are able to give, financially, to someone going on a mission trip. Even though I can't physically go myself (you know, with three kids and all the "help" they bring to the table) I still get to be a part of it. I don't get to go on the mission trip, but we can help enable someone else to go, therefore being part of the trip ourselves. I can't physically help out at our new space all that much, but allowing my husband the freedom to come and go is allowing me to be a part of the bigger picture!

I suppose that's all my mind has the capacity to process at the moment, so I'll stop for now.

Have a great, happy heart"ed", fun, productive, motivated, relaxing Tuesday!
Post a Comment