Friday, August 20, 2010

Fun Facts For Friday

1 - Micaiah's favorite past time is scavenging for leftovers under the kitchen table after meal time.  He was literally slipping all over the kitchen floor when I found him this particular time.  Leftover oranges are quite messy, ha!

2 - Wrestle time continues to be one of his favorite times in the day.

3 - Cai's First Birthday was a quiet celebration with just us!  We had a fun evening of pancakes, presents and birthday cake.  I think Cai enjoyed himself:)

4 - Started "dancing" to music.

5 - Micaiah has hit milestones left and right over the past few weeks.  He loves for us to read him books and enjoys them just as much while reading them to himself.  Check out that drool string!  He's been teething again too.

6 - Threw his first full-blown temper tantrum on Sunday afternoon.  Oh boy...

7 - Has started pushing cars around the house.  It is so cute to see him going from room to room scooting on his knees with his cars...LOVE IT!

8 - His vocabulary is really picking up.  He is matching word sounds and syllables and is actually saying "Hot", "Gotcha" and "duck" (among others)

9 - We've discovered that Diarrhea + Cloth Diapers = MESSY!  Hence the disposables in the pictures above;)

10 - We were reminded again, this past week, why we need to keep giving Cai his garlic ear drops.  After almost a week with an ear infection, and ALL that goes along with that he is FINALLY back to himself.  I'd quit administering them with all the traveling we'd been doing since they tend to be really messy and smelly.  Now I know...

3 comments:

Kate said...

He is so cute, Tasha. He reminds me of my Matthew- looks like he's such a happy little fellow. Maybe one day our paths will cross and we'll get to meet in person :). Hope you have a good weekend!

Mrs. W said...

isn't that the shirt that zeke got from a friend that talks? wasn't he wearing it just last year? haha! also sandra boynton is my very favorite children's book author, leighra loves her books too and tends to drool on them just a little. thank you for this post, Leighra had a bad reaction to yogurt and has had real bad diarrhea and rashes so I had to switch her back to disposable temporarily and I have been feeling a little bit like a failure. After three messes in cloth though I thought I was going to cry and I happened to have some disposable left from vacation. By the way, do you use cloth on trips longer than a few days? There was no washing machine where we went and I didn't know how to get around it so I just bought disposable. On a completely unrelated topic, Kyle, Leighra and I would love to visit again! When are you free this fall season?

The Via Colony said...

Thanks Kate! You are always so sweet:)

Audrey, we'd LOVE for ya'll to come visit again! You name the time and we'll work you in. We aren't too full yet this fall.

On the diaper topic, yeah, I felt like a failure too but I was the exact same way...it was SO gross and I had a pack and a half of disposables left from before we made the switch. I just had to suck it up and do what was best for our sanity at the time, ha!

As far as traveling. The longest I went was 5 days with cloth on a trip without washing. I would still take some disposables, though, I was so nervous I was going to run out of liners or he'd have a blowout and I didn't want to have to run to the store and pay full price for disposables when I already had some I got super cheap at home, ya know?

And yes, Zeke just grew out of that shirt about 6 months ago! What in the world?!