Monday, August 9, 2010

The End Of A Chapter And 21 Hours In Virginia

This weekend was a big weekend.

Josh and I made up the entire "Journey Worship Band" this weekend.  We really should have put a "Do Not Disturb" or "Come In At Your Own Risk" sign on the Green Room door back stage, hee.  Just kidding...or am I?!

Anyhoo...ahem...it was our last weekend at the old space before we start rockin' the new space for Jesus!  Therefore, it was all stripped down.  No media, screens, set, bumper videos, sound system...

...and it was AMAZING!  It was such an emotional day, though.  I think Pastor Jimmy teared up during every service...they were good tears though:)

In all honesty, it was one of the best services I had been to in a while.  There was no hype, no strategy to get more people in the door, it was just true, honest, raw worship with song and praise and teaching.  It was the closing of a chapter, yet the opening of another!

What a blessing it is to be part of something SO MUCH BIGGER than ourselves!

After our last set, Areyna and I jumped in the car with my sister-in-law, Danielle, who graciously waited for me so I could make it, (sorry for being late Joy), to Josh's little sister's wedding shower in Virginia.

I'm so glad I was able to make it!  Not only was the shower fun, but afterwards all us girls, (6 mommy's, 8 little ones, 1 bride-to-be and one out-numbered man, sorry Rick) piled into the Via home and did what girls do best...talked, laughed, ate and gave advice for the soon-to-be-newlywed:)

Strangely, though, it was much quieter and much more calm without all the boys...I'm just sayin'.

12:30 rolled around this afternoon and Jenn and I decided it was time to go relieve our men from their fatherly duties and let them get some of their own work done so we began our trek back home.

Josh had a crock-pot dinner waiting for us when we got home.  We grabbed a quick bite to eat together before he headed out to get some work done on the new space.

*sigh*

We have planned a much-needed, in-home date night on Wednesday to reconnect after this crazy summer!

I am more than ready for the fall and all the stability, and cool weather, it brings with it!

2 comments:

Katy said...

It was amazing. I looked around and thought about all that has happened in that space and I was in awe of the Lord. Thanks so much to both you and Josh for being servants first and allowing Jesus to use you. We have been, and continue to be, blessed by your music.

Stacy Scott said...

I agree, it was one of the best services in a long time! Praise God for your music ministry!