Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Music For The Soul

I just found out, this morning, that Helen Gerald passed away yesterday at 91 years of age. She was my very first violin teacher.

I was only 4 years old when I began lessons and my family has continued to keep up with her throughout the years. She and her husband have been dear friends of our family from the beginning.

She taught me everything I know about music. She taught me more than just to play the music on the page, she taught me how to feel the music.

She was always so patient with me and could always tell when I'd had a bad day. She never took it personally, instead she found creative ways to get my attention without it seeming like a "lesson".

It makes me sad to think that she's passed away but I know she was a believer and that she is playing music in the presence of the Lord today!

You can read more about her amazing life HERE.

No comments: