Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Don't Remember Where I Parked

Do you ever walk out of a store and completely blank out as to where you had parked before entering? Yeah, well, I do, but I come by it naturally - my mom was excellent at this maneuver growing up=) It didn't help that my little brother would intentionally "lead" her into different sections of the parking lot for a laugh though, ha!

Anyway, after one of my "Sure, buddy, do whatever you want on the window by your seat. Anything that will help keep you quiet and occupied during this 4-hour trip." comment a few months ago we have accumulated quite the collection of window art. It does narrow down my "searching" time in the parking lot by about 95% though=)

5 comments:

mom said...

Maybe that's what I need - window art. I have only gotten worse. You should have seen Janet and me last week - both of us wandering around the parking lots at Kohl's then Target then Lowe's.

Somehow I always forget to determine a landmark when I get out of the car. I am too focused on my "mission".

The Via Colony said...

HAHAHA! I would have paid money to see you and Aunt Janet...heehee=)

Andrew said...

I don't know if there is any actual proof that I misled mom "intentionally." =)

I heard a good trick. Take a picture of where you are in the parking lot with your cell phone. Give it a try.

The Via Colony said...

That's a good one but it might just be easier for "some", eh-hem, to find a car in a huge parking lot than to find a picture on a cell phone...just saying=)

mom said...

Okay, Andrew, no documented proof, but intentionally -uh, yeah. Remember that time in Charleston? I think you did it just to get back at me for the time you had to carry that huge stuffed panda around a lot we weren't even in, because I couldn't remember which door of the mall we entered.