Monday, January 18, 2010

Totally Surprised

Josh's sister, Joy, came in on Friday to watch the kids so Josh could take me out on a date for my birthday (or so I thought). He said I could do ANYTHING I wanted. Don't you dare laugh when I tell you what I wanted to do. I had so many things hanging over my head that, after a nice dinner, I wanted to run errands and get some things checked off my list. Hey, it's my birthday=) Besides, when do I get to take my husband with me and show him the money-saving ropes without the kids. We got to talk and have fun with every stop.

I soon realized, though, that he was just distracting me. I had NO CLUE what was going on until I got out of the car and heard a male voice in my kitchen. I said, "Baby, there's a guy in our house with Joy and the kids?" He just brushed it off and said that one of his brother's must have come over.

This is my face when I walked in the door with almost 30 other people shouting "SURPRISE!!!!" You don't see that I walked in with a bag of groceries and a pack of toilet paper...NICE...

Nothing says 31 more than a birthday run to the grocery store for toilet paper, huh=)

No comments: