Wednesday, December 30, 2009

His And Hers

Some couples have separate bank accounts...
Josh and I have separate Starbucks cards=)

Josh and I got to go out on a date last night. KID FREE!!! (Thanks Jonathan and Kelly!) We got to make good use of our Christmas gift cards. It was so nice to have a full night of uninterrupted conversation. We always like to have a date near the end of the year to reevaluate the past year and talk about our new or on-going goals for our family/lives/marriage/ministry for the next year.

Josh and I aren't exactly your typical movie date-goers. We'd rather go somewhere where we can catch up with each others lives and reconnect, uninterrupted. Our last stop on a date is usually a coffee shop somewhere and last night we went to Starbucks to cash in some of our Christmas presents.

When we went to check out it made me laugh. Some couples have different bank accounts to keep tabs on who is spending what. For us it's separate gift cards and you better believe that MY gift card is ALL MINE, HA! There are just some things that I WILL NOT SHARE! Just kidding, sometimes I'll give him a sip of mine=)

***That big VENTI drink...yeah that was mine and Josh was so jealous because I didn't even have to use my gift card for it and it was still FREE. Starbucks mailed me a birthday card which was good for ANY drink of ANY size. Make sure you register your starbucks gift cards and fill out your profile with your birthday!***

No comments: