Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let Down

"God Be Praised" Live recording Night

Wow.  We have been going non-stop since before Micaiah was born.  We have had a baby, put a house on the market, sold a house, moved in with friends, found a house, done a live recording...  It seems like the list goes on and on.  I'm a bit exhausted looking back at the past couple of months but there is nowhere else I'd rather be!

We pulled our truck into the Raleigh area last Sunday night and didn't miss a beat, starting nightly rehearsals for the live recording the very next day with house hunting in between.

Friday night was "God Be Praised", the live recording we did with our new home church.  It was SO amazing to be part of this night.  I am really looking forward to getting to know each one of the people on our new team.  The humility that surrounds them is a breathe of fresh air and you just can't help but worship WITH them!

We knew that if we could just get through the recording (and then Halloween of course;) we could just relax and breathe for a bit before the business of the holidays comes around.  

I must admit to almost falling asleep during church on Sunday from pure exhaustion, knowing that I was just a couple of hours from getting to our new home at the Hambrick's where I knew I could stay put for a whole week straight!

My poor kids are exhausted too, being moved around to this house and that while they waited for this break.  They have been absolutely INCREDIBLE during this transition time.  Even with Josh being in Maryland doing ministry this week.  

So right now I am sitting in Jeremiah and Jenn's basement, our temporary abode, so very thankful.  Thankful for friends, family, the fall, a wonderful church family, selling our house so quickly, finding a new house on that exact same day, a place to lay my head at night (even if it is surrounded by boxes:), healthy children, our ministry...

God Be Praised!

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

A whole week...let's you, Jenn, and I take a road trip! 3 adults, 8 children!! Sounds like a great idea...nice and relaxing!

Holly said...

I'm exhausted listening to your schedule. I'm sure it feels awesome to be back in Raleigh. Love that city!