Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'll Never...

Before I was a mom I had so many ideas of what kind of parent I would be.  There were certain things I had in my mind that I just simply would or would not ever do.  I really had no concept of what being a parent looked like and obviously no experience in this area.  I must say I've learned a lot these last 4 1/2 years.

I always said:

We'd never watch TV all day.
(Some days just call for LOTS of TV)

My children would NOT be thumb suckers.
(I quickly realized that I had no control over this issue=)

I would NEVER be the mom who would have their kids run around with a nasty, sagging diaper.
(Um, have you SEEN how expensive diapers are?  I'm getting every penny out of those suckers!)

My children would NOT be whiners.
(Yeah, still working on this one, HA!)

Happy meals and mac-n-cheese?  Not in this house.  I was going to cook GREAT, healthy dinners EVERY night!
(Life on the road has quickly changed my thinking on this one)

I'd never yell at my kids.  I would always be a shining example of patience in front of them.
(No comment here!)

My thinking has changed a lot over these past few years as I've realized the reality of parenting=)

What did you used to say you would NEVER do as a parent?
Post a Comment