Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm Back

Micaiah's first Sunday in his class

After almost a month of not picking up my violin I dove in full-force this past weekend at our new home church.  It was so cool being there knowing that this is our new church family.  

Josh has been more than patient with me (man, I love my boss) as I get back into the swing of things after Micaiah's arrival.  He told me to take another week off and just get used to traveling with 3.  I really did appreciate his sensitivity, knowing that this would be a new challenge, but I finally felt ready to play again so I just took the plunge and decided to play too.  
We stayed at Josh's brother's house.  They have 3 kids as well.  We had 6 children, 4 and under, 2 of which are only infants, under one roof.  It made for some pretty comical events but it really was so much fun!  We were going to try to get a picture of all 6 of them but for some reason we just didn't get around to it;)

Rehearsal Sunday morning went well.  Areyna was a huge help keeping Micaiah happy and Zeke played along with his electric guitar making for a pretty uneventful rehearsal, which is a good thing.  

Micaiah made it through his first Sunday morning in his nursery.  We've been to church already but I hadn't been playing so he stayed with me in the service.  The workers loved him and he did great!  

Zeke not so much...I dropped him off in his class.  5 minutes later I look out and he's in Areyna and Cana's (their cousin) class.  2 hours later he is in his other cousin's class (Kayil).  So, it appears we have a lot to work on.  Poor guy=(

Areyna LOVED her class and had a blast having her cousin with her!

So, all-in-all, a very successful trip.  We found out that Micaiah travels very well, as long as he gets to eat=)

Josh had a couple of meetings on Monday morning so we went to Burger King and packed all 6 kids in their play place.  I'm sure that was a site...
Areyna, Cana, Zeke,
Kayil

Karis and Micaiah (she is exactly 1 month older)

The whole clan eating a nice healthy lunch=)

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Yeah! It was awesome worshiping with you at our new home church!! YAY! So awesome! Welcome to Journey! Also, Cai looks so cute in his full outfit!! AND, thanks for watching ALL the kids at BK. What a handful, right?! I loved seeing the photos of what I missed while at the dentist (which wasn't that bad this time, BTW).