Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Milestones

Areyna is SO ready for baby #3 to come.  She has been pretending like all her babies are the new baby and putting them in the baby bed and feeding them and taking such good care of them.  She even told me, "I am a good mommy to my babies."  I have a feeling she is going to take her Big Sister job very seriously=)

I was in bed last night, actually asleep this time, when I heard the kid's bedroom door open.  Then I heard little feet patter down the hallway.  Areyna was actually going to the bathroom at night all by herself without waking us up to tell us=)  See, the kids have one of those childproof doorknobs on the inside of their room, mainly to keep Zeke contained, but Areyna has figured out how to open doors with them on.  

When she first started wearing big girl undies, and had yet to figure out the doorknob, we taught her to come and knock on the door if she had to go potty at nighttime and we'd let her out and help her.  

It got to the point, though, that even if we were in a 1-bedroom hotel room she wouldn't just go, she'd wake us up to tell us she had to go=)  Last night she did it.  I know, no big deal, right?  But to a mom that's huge.  It's right on up there with Areyna being able to fix her own drink from the refrigerator and then doing the same for her little brother.

Now with a 3rd baby on the way I can't think of a better "good mommy" to have around than my precious Areyna.  She is going to be such a big help.  And she WANTS to be.  We're all ready for him to get here.  Just 7 more weeks!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!

She'll be a great big sister (again)!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

That last picture of her is I think one of my favorites of her...she looks beautiful!

She does have a special sensitivity towards babies and is going to be a great big sister! I am so excited to see her interact with a new little brother.

mel said...

That picture of her is great! And I love that you are keeping #3's name a secret and building suspence! :)

Anonymous said...

She will be such a great help to you! Congrats on her newest milestone!

Tiffany said...

so precious:)

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest picture. What a blessing to have a little mommy to help you with two rambunctious boys!!

Shannon Bradley said...

I love that beautiful picture of her...what a sweet girl:)

Patrice said...

How sweet! That is just precious! So excited for you that you only have 7 weeks to go!

Joy@WDDCH said...

My girls are "preparing" too!

K said...

That is so precious. I know how much a big brother or sister can help. So glad she's going to be your helper.

ruth @gracelaced said...

What a sweet pic of big sister! Only 7 more weeks...don't be in a rush--enjoy ever minute of it! :)

Kelly Via said...

That is so awesome!! Areyna is going to be a great little helper! We have been working on Karis' room this week; today Jonathan put the swing together. Kayil has been enjoying swinging 'baby mommy' all evening. Cana has really enjoyed using all the tools to help Jonathan put things together for her new baby sister. I definitely can tell having a newborn in the house is going to be very different this time around!!