Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun Facts For Friday

Homeschool Convention Edition

1- Apparently when you get out of your car at the hotel and say, "No, I can get my bags myself!!!" 3 times in a row it translates, "Please take my bags off of my shoulder and put them on your cart so I can leave you a hefty tip."

2- I must have a sign on me that says "I am overwhelmed, I'm new at this, I'm pregnant and obviously confused!" because every vender gave their 20 min. speech to me at their booths, whether I said I didn't have any questions or not.

3- Affordable meals means $12.99 buffet.

4- Last night after the convention the elevator line was WAY backed up and we are on the 17th floor of the hotel. Jenn said, "I wanted to get some exercise anyway, I think I'm gonna take the stairs." I can always count on her to motivate me to get a little exercise in. Bring it on, I thought. So, I walked up 17 flights of stairs last night. Man, my legs were burning and NO I did not go into labor=)

5- I have learned SO much about homeschooling. One thing being that NC is one of the easiest states to homeschool in. That's awesome, seeing as I have not clue as to what I'm doing if this is the route we choose.

3 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

LOL! Those were hysterical "facts".

That's great to know about NC and homeschooling! I thought about doing homeschooling but it doesn't really fit us right now. We found a great charter school and Elaina attended the preschool screening today.

Whatever path you choose, do what is best for you guys because education is not one-size-fits-all! It'd be hard to not homeschool if you all were on the road together all throughout the year.

mel said...

You should definitely update on Homeschooling ideas/facts you've picked up or learned. It's something I'm interested in too, but Arwen's only 3 months old so I have plenty of time for fact collection. I'd love to hear from someone else and their experiences, frustrations, pros/cons, etc.!

PS, I did all kinds of walking and yoga and riding over bumpy roads...I still went into labor 4 days late. :)

Michaelle said...

This is true. NC is one of the easiest to homeschool in. We checked that out too since if we ever leave Missouri again, we will be heading for NC to be close to family.