Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shoes But No Shoes

Josh and I were getting the kids ready for an outing last night when we realized that Zeke's shoes were too small.  Zeke kept saying, "My big toe hotes!"  So, I went under his bed to check out the bin of hand-me-downs ready for the taking.  I pulled out a pair of shoes and tried them on to no avail.  Then, we tried on another pair with STILL no luck!  We found out he has 2 pairs of sandals for the spring/summer and FINALLY found 1 pair to finish out the winter.  I think he must have skipped a whole size during that springy week last week.  

Now, if only I could get ahold of this laundry crisis and find some "gender-friendly" socks for him=)  (I hope nobody noticed his purple socks in the grocery store today!)

4 comments:

MeMe and Poppee said...

What size shoe is Zeke in right now and also for the summer?

Kelly Via said...

Ha! MeMe is so funny! Don't you love MeMes!!

Kayil has been wearing 5s all winter!! Then, during this springy week, I put on a size 6 sandal, and her toes are RIGHT at the end!! Maybe that springy week did cause some feet growth spurts!!

Doesn't it stink when you have a WHOLE box of shoes, but none that fit/are in season!?

the broomes said...

I feel like Anna Bell is between sizes in EVERYTHING right now: all of her clothes and shoes are either too small or too big. Poor thing...she's constantly either showing her little belly in a too small shirt or tripping over a too big pair of shoes. Oh well.
We are so excited for ya'll to come this weekend: let's try to talk sometime this week just so you don't have to pack more than needed. Yeah!!!

Rhonda said...

You aren't the only one. That's how I know that it's time to buy new shoes...
Jubal grew out of all his pants in about 2 weeks last month. He looked so cute in high waters!
Oh, our growing boys.....