Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moving And Other News

No, we're not moving (Are you crazy? IKEA just opened up in Charlotte today!)...the baby is!  I've been feeling little flutters for a few weeks now off and on but there was NO denying the twists, turns and summersaults that this little one was doing last night right before bed.  It is so crazy how quickly we forget that feeling.  I'm just as excited to be feeling these sweet little movements as I was with my other 2!

I went to the doctor today and the heartbeat was a healthy 155ish.  They scheduled my ultrasound for March 11.  That day is the day we get to find out if we're having another little boy or another little girl.  I've never really cared either way before and the same is true for this one.  I'm just excited to see which the Lord will bless us with this time=)

For a few moments there, and I mean a very brief few, I thought about not finding out this time.  I mean, I have 1 girl, 1 boy and everything I need for baby #3.  We aren't decorating a nursery or anything but something inside of us just wants to be able to call "it" a "him" or a "her", not just "our little peanut".  Besides, we are pretty positive that we have a first and middle girl name and a first name for a boy picked out=)

Did you, are you going to or would you find out?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay now I'm super jealous - I haven't felt ANY kicks yet! And I want to bad! We definitely want to find out - I'm too much of a planner not to.

Rita said...

I am DEFINITELY finding out. The sooner, the better! :-D Like you, I'm getting tired (already) of the "it"s and the "(s)he"s and "him/her"s. I can't wait to find out. My next appointment (first time to hear the heartbeat!!) is next Wednesday. Hopefully we'll schedule an ultrasound then.

K said...

I did not find out with my first but did with my second. I think it's completely up to the parents (and if they disagree, it's up to the mom :)

Kelly Via said...

Tash! That's awesome! I am so excited for you to be feeling those little kicks and punches. I'll have to mark the calendar for March 11!

Kelly Via said...

BTW, have you visited Ikea yet, or when are your plans to do so?

The Via Colony said...

I don't know when I can go yet. We are leaving for GA on Saturday. I'd love to get there before then, but we'll have to see=)

Tiffany said...

yay! that's the best feeling:) You already know that we decided to find out...which is great because now we can call her by name and jericho loves talking to Lily in my tummy!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I'm definitely finding out! We have 2 girls so I need to know because if it is a boy we have some shopping to do! He is NOT going to be caught in a pink blanket and bonnet. Ha ha!

But I also think being surprised is so amazing. This time, though, we're finding out!

Michaelle said...

I wanted to find out! I don't like suspense, and I wanted to go shopping!

Josh Via said...

I'm def. finding out with mine.

Emily Jennings said...

I hate surprises, so I always want to find out. But as you know we've only been able to find out the correct outcome 2 out of 4 times.