Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Was Supposed To Be Packing

Last night I had a whole list of things to get done so we could leave for Georgia this morning but I was exhausted from the day and Josh could sense I needed a break.  He told me to go get a couple of strawberry slushies from Sonic and get a movie.  He must have been CRAZY!  The night before we leave is always utter chaos making sure we have all the set lists and chord charts in order for the band, directions to the various venues, packing clothes, instruments, cables, road snacks, etc. ... but he knew I just didn't have the emotional capacity to get those things done last night.

So, I hopped in the car to run my little errands and came home with 2 mouth-watering slushies and the movie Fireproof.  We've heard so much about this movie and have wanted to see it for awhile now.  So we popped it in and I was crying 14 minutes in.  It did have some cheesy acting but we LOVED the overall theme of the movie!  

After the movie Josh kept cuddling up close and telling me that the movie kept making him just want to do sweet things for me=).  As a matter of fact, I got out of the shower to a nice, warm towel, fresh out of the dryer this morning!  Hmmm, I think I'll BUY him this movie for his birthday=)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

warm towel? that's amazing!

Kelly Via said...

We watched that movie for V day - and loved the story, but Jonathan said he couldn't get past the poor acting. I could, but I knew the acting wasn't the best when we started it. However, I didn't get a warm towel the next morning....hmmm, maybe the brothers need to have a movie night and a heart to heart! :)