Thursday, November 6, 2008

Selah For The Multi-tasker

"Don't just do something; Stand There!"

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret."     Psalm 37:7

Delays and roadblocks are often there for a reason.  Use these times to pray and to slow down, not to indulge in your pet peeves brought on by impatience. 

Patience = Love

"Love is never haughty or selfish or rude.  Love does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable or touchy.  It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong."
1 Corinthians 13:5

*Taken from Character Makeover.*

5 comments:

a.helms said...

Tasha, Once again thank you for these little bits of wisdom in my day. I love how sweet your spirit is.

Anonymous said...

scripture. THAT makes me happy. patience and love go hand in hand, and I have to be reminded of this constantly.

so i have a confession.

I HAVE NO IDEA how to break down the things I love into only 6 things.

hmm.

so here goes. I'm about to leave you the world's longest comment that lists the things that make me happy. ((this is the optimistic capricorn speaking))

Here are 48 things that make your narcissistic friend Candy very Happy:

A Laid Back Demeanor
A Long Run with a good Friend
Austin
Boat Rides
BOB strollers
Candid Conversations with my Kids
Cherry Tomatoes
Coffee at Sunrise
Colorado
Creme Brulee'
Dallas
Date Night with Hubby
Dry Humor
Fall
Family Outings
Finisher's Medals
Forgiveness
Hidden Tatts the mean something
HOT Salsa
Intelligent Sarcasm
Jogging through the Streets of a major city
Marathons
Memories that make me Laugh
Mommy Blogs
my Husband's Beard
New England Culture
Nikon
NYC
PHOTOGRAPHY
Pink Highlights
Rain
Road Trips
Seafood
Skiing
Snow
Southern Hospitality
Tent Camping
Tex-Mex
the Smell of the Ocean
the Way my Kids sound when they Laugh Hysterically
Trail Hiking
Wahoos Fish Tacos
Watching my Husband through the window while he Grills outside
Whole Foods Market
Willie Nelson

Monica said...

Don't just do something, stand there. This is awesome. I am always amazed at how difficult doing nothing and waiting can be.

Kelly Via said...

Oh, I loved that one...

stacey said...

Great Post ~ I LOVE Psalm 37:7!!!