Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Isn't That What Normal Families Do?

Last Saturday we did what normal families do ... we took the whole day off and had a family day.  We usually aren't able to just relax on Saturday with all the preparation (mentally and physically) for Sunday but we decided it was a must.  It was a brisk, fall day and Freedom Park was calling out to us=)

People were out playing soccer, football, and volleyball and the kids had a blast on the playground.  We ate a picnic and made friends with a squirrel.  By the end of the day he was literally eating corn chips out of Zeke's hand.   

Then we headed over to the coolest starbucks around.  They have a fun kid's table so Rainy and Zeke could entertain themselves while Josh and I carried on a normal conversation.  

What an awesome day!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

You deserve it!!!
Hey, I love your new background. How did you do that?
Have a great thanksgiving.

Tony C said...

I love Family Days.

From my family to yours-

Happy Thanksgiving!

Michaelle said...

It does sound like a fun day! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

I always wondered how to change the background! Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tiffany said...

Ohhh a normal starbucks conversation. That sounds like heaven! I thought those days were long gone... But a kids table... How ingenius!

Fred Broome said...

That's great Tash...My parents still have pictures of me playing at Freedom Park when I was a kid. I'm glad u guys had a relaxing day - we love those days as well.