Wednesday, October 15, 2008

These Should Not Be Allowed In Children's Bathrooms


A few weeks ago we were at a church leading worship and Areyna told me she had to go to the bathroom, which, of course, was in the middle of band practice=)  Anyway, we ran down the hall and to our dismay walked into a bathroom full of these.  Motion censored toilets.  These aren't exactly my favorite, being the squatting in public bathrooms type (don't worry, I make sure everything is tidy when I'm done).  I like the fact that I don't have to touch the toilet to flush it, but sometimes I trick it, I guess, and it starts flushing in the middle of, well, you know;) 

So, imagine a 3-year-old sitting on one of these.  The thing ALWAYS flushes on her and she gets so scared she either jumps off and pee's on the floor or she jumps off so scared she can't pee at all!!  

Well this time would be different.  We decided to walk a little further down the hall to the kids wing and use one of those short children's pottie's.  We open the door and the kids pottie's are like this too!!!  She did a little better on this one since she fit it better, but she still asked in a shaky voice if "is it going to flush on me?"

So, for any of you wondering what kind of toilet I prefer, it is just the standard, flush it yourself, toilet=)  I know you were dying to know!!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Morgann hates those potties too. She is terrified of them. I have to stand with my hand covering it before she will sit down!

sheltonfamily said...

I so agree.....I don't think I've ever seen one on a children's potty. Pretty funny about her peeing all over the floor!

Amanda Pelser said...

I've never tried it since we're not quite to the potty stage yet with Jonathan, but it seems like I heard or read somewhere to try using sticky notes... Stick it over the sensor so it cannot sense the movement that triggers it to flush.

Anonymous said...

Bethany asks me every time we use a public restroom "does it flush all by itself?" She is so scared of them too!
Jill Rose